[WikiEN-l] Would this be kosher...?

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:36:10 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's not "all edits blocked", just "can't create new accounts".
>
> Is that possible? I don't remember seeing an option anywhere to do
> that. You can block anonymous edits and account creation and tell
> people to email the unblock mailing list to get accounts created for
> them - that's your best option, I think.

I misunderstood the flags; testing it, I clarified to myself that
indeed, as you noted, I can't do what I wanted to.

I'm not willing to block all of New York City's public library IP
space just for this one vandal.  They're annoying but not horribly
destructive enough to justify that.  I'm semiprotecting articles and
hoping that they don't have the patience to create sleeper accounts
and wait out the new user timeout.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com