[WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Tue May 29 15:36:34 UTC 2007

John Lee wrote:

> If such is the case, then there's a very tangible difference
> between the two
> sides. The first side would still support the removal of relevant
> links to
> Daniel Brandt's site from a SIGNPOST article (this really happened
> not too
> long ago, and is what first drew my attention to this silly
> season), while
> the second side would not.

Here's my Solomonic solution: I propose that from now on, everyone
refer to Daniel Brandt as "Baniel Drandt," and all links to his
website must be entered beginning with "hppt" instead of "http."

Anyone who violates this rule will be required to crawl around on
their hands and knees for an hour, singing "I'm a bad Wikipedian" in
pig-Latin.

It would be silly, to be sure, but no more silly than the current
expectation by the Banipedians that they have the right to order
everyone else around.

|  Subscribe to our free weekly list serve by visiting:
|  http://www.prwatch.org/cmd/subscribe_sotd.html
|
|  Donate now to support independent, public interest reporting:

https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/cmd/shop/
custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=1107