[WikiEN-l] A BADSITES RfA piling-on

Blu Aardvark jeffrey.latham at gmail.com
Mon May 28 21:26:28 UTC 2007

Blu Aardvark wrote:
> There are also, in a related sense, oppose votes with the
> commentary that admins have an obligation to "protect" other long-term
> editors. This is bad social policy, and ludicrous beyond measure. Admins
> have no obligation to protect other editors.

I meant to add to this, but neglected to. Basic human sympathy indicates
that users would work to do so when possible, but first of all, it's not
always possible, and second of all, if one admin neglects to revert a
link or ban an editor, there are more than seven hundred who can do that
in his stead. Let's get with the program here.