[WikiEN-l] On living bios and the rest of the world

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon May 28 17:12:40 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> On 28/05/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Yes, Wikipedia is not paper, but if we're going to write readable articles
>> not everything can make the cut. Naturally, it's notable incidents that
>> should get in. Trouble is that not everyone agrees on what is notable and
>> what isn't.
>>

> Incidents are one thing - putting articles under a name when the
> incident is the notable thing is another.

I think many (most?) people agree with this in principle, but there's
wide disagreement over the threshold for when someone's role in an
incident is sufficient to make *them* notable.  Serial killers on the
FBI's "10 most wanted" list clearly meet the threshold; some lower-level
executive embroiled in the Enron scandal clearly doesn't; but there's
plenty in between.

-Mark