[WikiEN-l] Feeling encyclopedic but uncreative? Hit WP:AFC

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Mon May 28 16:16:33 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:
> By the way, will anon article creation *ever* be switched back on?
> What's the problem?

A few discussions ago IIRC Jimbo said it would be reenabled when version
flagging was implemented. Considering how slowyly version tagging itself
is coming, I wonder if it was meant as some variant on "next year in
Jerusalem." :)

More seriously, though, this disabling of anon article creation has
bugged me from the start and is now IMO a prime example of both how
_not_ to implement a major policy change. It was a knee-jerk response to
bad publicity that didn't even address the issue that caused the bad
publicity in the first place, and there was no plan for how to evaluate
its actual effects. I've been told at several points that analysis was
being done but I've never seen any results and no longer believe it.

It's been something like a year and a half now, I hate sounding like a
broken record for such a long period.