[WikiEN-l] Have we ever had a reader complaint of a lack of spoiler tags?

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Fri May 25 00:40:51 UTC 2007

On 5/25/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 May 2007, Skyring wrote:
>
> > Must Wikipedia always be a community of fundamentalists
> > battling over which end of the egg to slice?
>
> You (or your side) started the battle.  I was fine with things being as
> they
> were.  You don't get to walk in, say "oh, I'm going to force you to turn
> your
> eggs over," and then plead that egg slicing isn't important anyway so
> everyone else should compromise by turning them halfway.
>
> (Besides, Swift wrote about breaking eggs, not slicing them.)

Mmmm. You still wind up with egg on your farce. Who fired the first sh*t is
not really important. What matters is that we found ourselves with spoiler
warnings all over, and we looked silly.

Hamlet dies in the end, Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father and Harry
Potter finds joy as you know who's catamite. Some secrets should have
warnings, some shouldn't and some are worth debating.

--
Peter in Canberra