[WikiEN-l] Microsoft phrase re Google: "The Wikipedia problem"

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:45:25 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't really get a great idea of what they MEAN by that phtase, though ...

In this context, I think it's derived from the fact that if you read a
given Wikipedia page you get snapshot of the work at a given point in
time, and since anyone can edit Wikipedia the source and reliability
of the information is not clear.  And yet, paradoxically, internet
users tend to trust Wikipedia content without checking it.  The same
applies to other so-called internet 2.0 phenomena such as blogs.