[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

Trebor Rowntree trebor.rowntree at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:41:11 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, doc <doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> 2) And this is important - although Smith and Lewinsky
> are only notable for one thing - the fact that Lewinsky's life has been
> so public means we can write a full balanced biography for her. He bio
> want say "she sucked Clinton's cock" it will say something about her
> background, career, life after the incident - in short we get the whole
> person. One incident yes - but that's given us enough sources to write
> the biography. We have no sources to write a biography on Smith (and if
> we find out any more it is likely to be OR) - only to record an
> incident. That's not a biography.

But in cases like these (for private individuals), BLP actually says to
include "*only* material relevant to their notability." As David Gerard
said, including things like someone's GPA is absurd and unnecessary f that
has no relevance to that person's fame. But aiming to write a full balanced
biography directly opposes including only material relevant to notability.
Which are we supposed to be doing?