[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Thu May 24 00:48:40 UTC 2007

Fred Bauder wrote:
> From: Jeff Raymond [mailto:jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com]
>> On Wed, May 23, 2007 12:16 pm, Fred Bauder wrote:
>>> We are responsible for enforcing Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons.

>> Under what policy or ArbCom principle is this?

> Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons

I just had a look at the actual text of the current revision of that
policy, at
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons&oldid=132420854>
It only mentions the Arbitration committee once in the body of the text.
Quoting:

> The Arbitration Committee has ruled in favor of showing leniency to
> the subjects of biographies, especially when those subjects become
> Wikipedia editors:
(followed by a quotation from the ruling where this occurred)

This has absolutely nothing to do with whether the ArbCom is
"responsible for enforcing Wikipedia:Biographies of living persons".

Could you be more specific?