[WikiEN-l] IRC logging, disclosure

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:09:54 UTC 2007

I am concerned about this practice of importing external rules into
Wikipedia postings - if this is the correct interpretation of the reason we
don't post IRC logs. The same logic could be used to consider external links
to other sites, some of which even have legal restrictions on access let
alone minor rules like "no posting what you read here," to be unacceptable.
Anyone have any idea how many links we have to porn sites, all of which
restrict access to those over 18 (or in some places even 21)?

Risker