[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed May 23 21:29:08 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
> It does not run in a circle. If BLP is invoked the article remains
> deleted until it is determined by the arbitration committee that BLP does not apply.

This seems needlessly heavy-handed, and gives too much leverage to
deletionists to cry BLP in marginal situations.

I would prefer someting like allowing a consensus of BLP-aware and
sensitive admins to reinstate the article.    If the normal DRV
process is too clumsy and likely to lead to BLP violations there has
to be a suitable middle ground we can find, rather than funnelling all
these through Arbcom.

I've been running some concerns around in my head for a bit, and this
brings one of them up to the front.  I'm wondering if structurally,
we're at the point that a lot of things are too big for admin+involved
user consensus, particularly contentious topics like these.  Arbcom
doesn't seem structurally set up, or to functionally be a good
impedance match, for taking all those things on.  Perhaps we need an
intermediate level of "administration" here.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com