[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed May 23 19:40:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 12:37 pm, Fred Bauder wrote:

> Perhaps invocation of BLP was inappropriate, if it was invoked. I'm not
> sure about the whole matter myself, but it seems that the person is not
> notable in herself.

Which is why we have policies and guidelines to take care of those questions.

It seems like you're unilaterally redefining BLP.  I'm not thinking BLP
was to act as a bludgeon against information we're uncomfortable with, but
rather to protect the project against possible libel action and the
subjects of the biographies.

Your interpretation, which doesn't seem to mesh with what's been allegedly
reached by consensus, falls into the former from what I'm reading.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.