[WikiEN-l] BLP, and admin role in overriding community review

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed May 23 18:54:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 11:50 am, Fred Bauder wrote:

> No, any user or administrator who is following the terms and intent of
> Biographies of living persons may remove grossly inappropriate material or
> delete an offending article even if almost everyone else on Wikipedia
> objects.

Fred, are you willfully ignoring the questions, or are we missing
something here?  If Administrator A deletes the entire article saying
"this was grossly inappropriate," and it wasn't, but no one can see it,
you seem to have suggested that it's Too Damn Bad - that DRV might not be
the right forum, and that "dispute resoltion" is the next step.

Uh, you realize what that creates, right?  I'm going to hopefully assume
your wording was unclear in your statement that suggested that we should
automatically trust that administrators aren't going to cite BLP to delete
articles when there's no BLP violation.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.