[WikiEN-l] IRC logging, disclosure

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:09:35 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the on-Wiki for en.wikipedia.org enforceable policy against posting
> IRC logs? Just curious. If it is not on-Wiki, and is only say in the login
> process for the given IRC channel, and the IRC channels are unofficial,
> how/why are 3rd party service policies implemented by random people
> enforceable on-Wiki? Thanks!
>
> I noted also that Hipocrite actually linked to the Freednode policies at
> http://freenode.net/policy.shtml which makes no reference either way to
> logging.
>
> Regards,
> Joe
> http://www.joeszilagyi.com

As far as I know, all channels starting with #wikipedia- and
#wikimedia- are official as agreed with freenode, and if it were
needed, http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_Group_Contacts could take
control over them

Also http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_channels specifies which
channels forbid logging, which ones may be logged and which are open