[WikiEN-l] School Districts and notability

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 23 08:26:31 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

>On 22/05/07, Will Beback <will.beback.1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I tried "prodding" a vandalized article about a junior high school and
>>found that there are editors who watch the PROD category just to remove
>>school articles. While I appreciate that the matter of school notability
>>is hotly debated, I don't think anyone likes having hundreds or
>>thousands of school articles that are unattended targets of libelous
>>vandalism. Other than reducing the number of school articles I don't see
>>a good solution. Perhaps a compromise would be to favor merging school
>>articles into school district articles.
>>

>Ask these editors to please keep a closer eye on the articles in
>question, not just watching for prods. If they do, that'll help the
>problem greatly.

Ask them to keep an eye on the schools within their own school
district.  It's much easier to follow schools close to home than some
random selection.  It was only when I began checking the schools in my
district (39 elementary, 11 secondary) that I realized that they were
being subjected to deletion vandalism.  Perhaps  there were AfDs, but
one often doesn't find out about those until it's too late.

Ec