[WikiEN-l] Blocking badlydrawnjeff (was Re: Thoughts on#wikipedia - threat or menace?)

Oskar Sigvardsson oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com
Wed May 23 05:38:12 UTC 2007

On 5/23/07, Jeff Raymond <jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com> wrote:
> I'm a little cooler about it than I was when I dfound out - this was the
> first place I read about it, in fact, and I *still* haven't received
> communication from the blocking admin, nor do I want it.
>
> There's a lot I could say, but, for once, I don't have to.  i'll
> certainly have more to say soon, but I'll just say one thing - I saw
> this situation coming ages ago.  I'm part surprised it took this long,
> and part surprised it happened when it did.

The one thing I think is very clear about this situation is that most
people in the community is baffled by this and think it's a terrible
decision, just look at that thread. You can be sure that most of us
are on your side (I'm like annoyingly "glass-half-empty" in real
life).

> No use getting depressed about it, though - I've got an article to
> finish bringing to featured status and all my mourning is taken up by
> the cancellation of Veronica Mars anyway.

Yeah, I know! And they were talking about putting her in the FBI next
year. That would have been so good! I haven't quite processed the fact
that it's over yet :(