[WikiEN-l] Severely unbalanced articles, especially BLPs

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed May 23 01:07:33 UTC 2007

It  also works the other way around. Bios can be used for irrelevant
subject discussions, but also an article on a perfectly notable
company can be devoted to long bios of minor executives who would
never be considered notable.

AfD works only in the most extreme cases. We really do need an
equivalent process for content, but I would certainly not suggest
introducing additional bureaucracy now. The solution might be to
regard introducing irrelevant content as serious
vandalism--interfering with the proper functioning of the
encyclopedia--as also would be keeping it after reasonable objection.
At present, it's removing content which is more likely to be seen as
vandalism.  DGG

On 5/22/07, Christiano Moreschi <moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> New essay for people to think about, mostly not written by me:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Coatrack
>
> This can be something of a problem: sourced and maybe even true - but so
> unbalanced, which NPOV doesn't allow, as to be misleading.
>
> Moreschi

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.