[WikiEN-l] School Districts and notability

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Wed May 23 00:03:32 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Will Beback <will.beback.1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maintaining such a large number of vandal magnets is an enormous burden.
> In exchange for all of that work we are basically just repeating the
> information on the schools' own websites. Why should we bother? What's
> the benefit?

NPOV, free content licensing, encyclopedic format, all those things that
make Wikipedia great.

That's the theory, anyway.  In practice maybe there isn't enough of that to
outweigh the detriments, which would be what, the libel?  If anyone wants to
do a pseudo-scientific study on what portion of articles on schools contains
libel, instead of us all just trading anecdotes, it would help.

Anthony