[WikiEN-l] School Districts and notability

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue May 22 21:24:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 22, 2007 2:19 pm, Will Beback wrote:

> That was my first response, and in one case an editor did reply
> positively.  However it takes much more time to maintain a couple of
> hundred school articles than to check PROD and AfD once a day. The basic
> problem is that we've got more school articles than we can maintain.

It may be an awareness issue, though.  Are the scohol people really aware
of the disproportionate vandalism?

> In exchange for all of that work we are basically just repeating the
> information on the schools' own websites. Why should we bother? What's
> the benefit?

For the ability to have a better article once the proper person comes to
make it.

> By comparison, school district articles seem to be much less prone to
> vandalism and there are far fewer of them.

And are far less useful to the reader.  There are few things more annoying
as a reader than searching for X, which brings you to an article on Y
forcing me to sift through irrelevant information.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.