[WikiEN-l] School Districts and notability

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue May 22 19:16:00 UTC 2007

On 22/05/07, Angela Anuszewski <angela.anuszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Earlier today, I read an old debate about a high school that some
> considered non-notable until it was pointed out a celebrity graduated
> from the high school.
>
> I like to sometimes hit "random page" and see if there is anything on
> the particular random page I encounter that can be improved. My random
> page directed me to [[New_Albany_School_District]]. My earlier reading
> made me consider whether or not school districts are notable simply
> because they exist, or some more significant event or achievement
> should be required to create or retain an article on the subject.

I'm not convinced there is enough to say about a school district to
warrant an article. You can list the schools and that's about it. The
kind of statistics that are on the New Albany article would be better
in a [[List of school districts in Mississippi]] article where you can
compare them to other districts. Isolated statistics with no analysis
are pretty meaningless.