[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's five stages of grief

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue May 22 17:20:58 UTC 2007

Mark Gallagher wrote:

>G'day Anthony,

>>>I wonder where the tipping point of our dickishness lies as a community.
>>>

>>Wow, there's even a picture of a knife and link to [[Seppuku]].
>>

>I think on the whole the essay is reasonably clever, although with the
>undertones of back-slapping and cliquey dickishness we've come to see a
>lot of over the past year.  As far as a place to send spammers goes, I
>prefer Durova's essay "The dark side".
>
>I made a few changes to the Grief essay, in the interests of good taste.
>  One of the changes --- the Seppuku knife --- was reverted, presumably
>because we're just being oversensitive.

What do I know of Seppuku?  To me the knife looked like the kind of
thing you use to cut out the sections from a grapefruit.  People from
some countries have difficulty with both the obscurity of English humour
and the directness of Aussie humour.  The only compromise they can think
of is political correctness. :-)

Ec