[WikiEN-l] The American ego trumps all -- thank God, 'cause mine needs surrounded by other big heads

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon May 21 18:23:03 UTC 2007

> "(a) Georgia-the-state is significantly
> older than Georgia-the-country,"
>
> I'm awestruck.  Awestruck.

Technically speaking, modern Georgia has only existed since the fall
of the Soviet Union (or there abouts), which is presumably what Matt
was referring to. The article does, however, include plenty of
information about pre-Soviet Georgia, so that argument doesn't really
hold water. Were the article specifically about modern Georgia, he
would have a point.

The state is bigger in terms of population and economy, although
(according to Wikipedia) it is slightly smaller in terms of area,
which I would consider a "measure [I] care to name".

I really don't think there is a better solution than to have a
disambig page. There are two major meanings to the word, so we list
them and let the reader choose. It works.