[WikiEN-l] Have we ever had a reader complaint of a lack of spoiler tags?

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Sun May 20 00:09:13 UTC 2007

Phil Sandifer wrote:

> I would have thought this, except everybody's arguments for spoiler
> warnings have been remarkably phrased in terms of hypothetical
> readers. Nobody has said "Actually, I would be surprised to find a
> spoiler in a section on the plot" or "Actually, this spoiler in this
> article ruined Buffy's finale for me." I do find this telling.

How could the spoiler in the article ruin buffy's finale if I was
notified of it?

Just saying.  I'll be refraining from doing a lot of book and movie
articles with this change that I might have been willing to touch
beforehand.

But I know that "Jeff Raymond likes tags" isn't any more of a reason
than "Phil Sandifer dislikes tags," and I'm mighty disenfranchised by
the wholesale removal of them at this point anyway, so...

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman