[WikiEN-l] Have we ever had a reader complaint of a lack of spoiler tags?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:29:20 UTC 2007

The current stage of the Great Spoiler Shift is a rough guideline on
[[Wikipedia:Spoiler]] and discussion on the talk page. Phil Sandifer
has asked one very apposite question: Where is the evidence our
readers even care? None has been presented

(As one of those whose phone number seems to have become Wikipedia's
phone number, I get people calling and complaining about their *login
not working* (wtf) as well as every *other* content issue under the
sun. I have *never* had a complaint that we spoilt a work of fiction
for someone. I await a single piece of evidence, not conjecture.)

Do spoiler warnings in Wikipedia actually serve the public at all?

- d.