[WikiEN-l] {{Spoiler}} insanity -- how can you spoil what the article is about?

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sat May 19 12:37:13 UTC 2007

I know about King Kong, but I have not even the slightest idea what catch 22
is about.
It's really all about placement. If plot is kept to the section with the
relevant heading you can do without spoiler tags for obvious reasons. But
themes can be discussed based on the essential twist ending or on less
important events in a film. When the twist ending is discussed that would
obviously spoil the fun for a viewer, the other probably wouldn't. The first
would need a spoiler tag, the second wouldn't. If essential plot details are
revealed in the lead section. You can't read around them all that easily -
again a good time to use a tag. The reader may want to read part of the
article without reading the ending so if that ending is discussed somewhere
else than the plot section, we should tell them.

Mgm