[WikiEN-l] Awards

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Sat May 19 02:58:47 UTC 2007

On 5/18/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/18/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:48:20 -0400, "Gabe Johnson" <gjzilla at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >No, that was one borderline remark, and the concept of the awards is
> > >good..
> >
> > I only found two transclusions, which is odd given the passion it
> > apparently arouses, and I fail to see what is good about
> > editcountitis.
> >
> > Guy (JzG)
> > --
> > http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG
>

> Well, it can be seen as editcountitis, it could also be a quick glance
> idea
> of their time and expertise on the project.
>
> Mgm

Isn't that exactly what editcountitis leads to, the conclusion that number
of edits equals expertise?  The editor whose idiotic GAs I have to keep
dumping is quited interested in his edit count--but that should not be
mistaken for expertise, as all of their botanical edits are problematic. And
probably his other ones are just as bad.

But he has lots of edits.

KP