[WikiEN-l] The Madness of King Infobox

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sat May 19 01:10:56 UTC 2007

MacGyverMagic/Mgm wrote:
> I see infoboxes as an "article at a glance" thing. What's in the box is
> usually repeated somewhere in the article, but the point is to have
> bite-size bits of info easily accessible to people who don't want to read
> the entire article.

Sometimes infoboxes are more than that, though. The infoboxes for
various articles on planets, stars, countries, chemical elements, etc.
have a lot of detailed statistics that aren't presented elsewhere in the
article and would make for dreadfully dry reading if they were (eg,
Rambot articles). Infoboxes work well for that sort of thing.

As for the voice-as-instrument thing, that makes sense to me too. If
someone were to make beautiful music by cracking his knuckles I'd call
his knuckles his instrument.