[WikiEN-l] CSD always backlogged?

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Fri May 18 00:37:44 UTC 2007

G'day David,

<snip/>

(Congratulations on adminship!)

> Remember that it is not enough to delete the junk--if the author
> hasn't been warned properly (about half the time) he needs to be, so
> he doesn't come back for more. --DGG

No, that's not why you follow-up with the author.  I mean, if the author is a vandal, fine, "warn" away.

But if all the author is doing is contributing "crap" (defined as "articles which are speediable"), this is not something where we need to go to the talkpage and say "pull your head in and piss off, ya mug".  Perhaps the author didn't understand about copyright law, or that we aren't a place to write about your favourite indie band (well, depends on the band), or that we don't accept articles that look like spam.  A warning might send him away, and that will stop the new articles; but a kind word could result in the new articles staying, but being *good*.

Cheers,

--
[[User:MarkGallagher]]