[WikiEN-l] Spoilers - Ned Scott's comment

Joe Szilagyi szilagyi at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:15:56 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:

> That however encourages canvassing, and groups protecting unworthy
> articles, or  even attacking things that group dislikes. People should
> judge carefully enough to be able to say why it's stupid. ~~~~

True, but in some cases, it's overdone to throw out the "They're voting!"
phrase. It was pretty clear from the WP:SPOIL MfD that most people were
against it. If people are challenged in their statements, sure, they should
be able to back them up with a reason. The problem will eventually happen
when some troll dislikes a given set of opinions, and then sets himself to
challenging them all, to make it look like any who don't return to defend
their points aren't valid. Not saying any 'closing' types are that stupid,
but it's the appearance of poisoning their "!vote" I suppose.

--
Regards,
Joe