[WikiEN-l] {{Spoiler}} insanity

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu May 17 09:42:34 UTC 2007

G'day Sean,

> So I remove the {{spoiler}} tag from (I wouldn't dare make this up)
> [[Three Little Pigs]].  I'm promptly reverted with the comment "unilateral
> enforcement of a matter still in dispute."  Anyone who agrees (or
> disagrees) that I'm acting unilaterally is welcome to join the discussion.
> At [[Three Little Pigs]].  Really.  I'm not kidding.

Nothing like [[Three Little Pigs]] (what a corker!), but amusing
nonetheless: [[Baron Münchhausen]].  But wait!  It's not just that a
spoiler warning was considered necessary for this chap's life (or
unbelievable retelling of same), but what precisely we were protected
from reading.

For reasons unknown to my humble self, the article includes the table of
contents, including the original ToC's introductory paragraphs, which
explain what occurs in each chapter.  Yes, the publisher isn't worried
about spoiling your enjoyment with this, but some conscientious chap on
Wikipedia wants to spare you where others callously refused.

(I wonder if he'd go to bookshops and paint over the blurbs with a
texta, too, to prevent spoilers ...)

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten