[WikiEN-l] {{Spoiler}} insanity

Nick Wilkins nlwilkins at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:33:18 UTC 2007

On 5/17/07, Gallagher Mark George <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au>
wrote:

> Infoboxen can be incredibly useful for at-a-glance statistics, e.g.
> countries, the dates of a monarch's reign, etc.  They are more often
> annoying.  Occasionally we can see infoboxen that are just ridiculous (I
> don't have a real example off-hand, but imagine if the [[Superman]] article
> --- which I haven't looked at; I hope it doesn't --- had an infobox with
> sections like "Special powers" and "Supervillain enemies").

The infobox on [[Superman]] has a picture, "Publisher", "First appearance",
and "Created by" fields (so far so good), as well as "Alter ego",
"Homeworld", "Affiliations", "Notable aliases", and (wait for it...)
"Abilities".  The last, unsurprisingly, takes six lines to enumerate even
while condensing his "multiple extrasensory and vision powers".

-- Jonel