[WikiEN-l] Referencing policy/guidelines

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Wed May 16 12:12:23 UTC 2007

On 16 May 2007 at 13:06:41 +1000, Gallagher Mark George
<m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:

> (could you possibly stop top-posting?  I'm going to ask before Dan does, because I'm nicer)

Well then, I guess I'll turn my "not-so-niceness" on you instead, and
point out that your messages are malformatted in that they fail to
have line breaks at appropriate points as suggested by RFC 2822,
which says that lines should generally be under 79 characters; see
the web archive version:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2007-May/071687.html

to see how the lines go way out to the right.

I've got a format checker in my site to see how particular messages
conform to standards and guidelines:
http://mailformat.dan.info/tools/check.html

--
== Dan ==