[WikiEN-l] Referencing policy/guidelines

Gallagher Mark George m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Wed May 16 03:13:27 UTC 2007

G'day David,

> Ah, but you can;t make up book references safely. I can go to a
> research library and find a copy, or -- if it really makes a
> difference-- I can ask you for a scan.  You can pick the most obscure
> book, and someone at WP will be there. (

Being fluent in Russian[0], I have a large reference library of Russian works, including a long out-of-print seventeenth century text on the history of Mongolia, which I proceed to cite in order to explain that people from that region, including many parts of China, are all seven feet tall with blue eyes and speak remarkably good Swedish.

Now track down that reference work.  You have three days.

<snip/>

[0] Along with fifteen other European languages, a bunch of Asian languages including Bahasa Indonesia.  Also, I'm faintly telepathic, can bench-press <insert huge amount here/>, and was voted "Oceania's sexiest man" seventeen years running.

--
[[User:MarkGallagher]]