[WikiEN-l] Psychosis and Wikipedia

Bogdan Giusca liste at dapyx.com
Tue May 15 23:35:21 UTC 2007

Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 9:08:39 AM, David wrote:

>> This may not be a real nut. There seems to be a dedicated posse that's
>> hell bent on keeping [[wipipedia]] on Wikipedia at all costs, policy
>> be damned. This may go as far as "creative harassment" <snip>

> I hardly think  that's fair. I voted to keep it myself, as did some
> even more respectable editors. Individuals have their individual
> reasons, & they are given on the AfD page. That the guy who added the
> junk has made it less likely that it will be kept is in my view
> unfortunate. But I do not say he is part of any hypothetical group
> devoted to indirectly discrediting the article.  -- David Goodman

I doubt that [[Wipipedia]] will be kept. It's far less notable than GNAA
and its has absolutely no reliable third party sources.
We know how GNAA ended up...

I'm not saying that Wipipedia is not useful for its readers, but so
are millions of other sites. Being a wiki and having a dozen or so
Wikipedians who edit that wiki as well doesn't mean we must have
an article.

I don't believe in exceptions of the policies just to please a group of
editors. No matter how determined is a group of Wikipedians to keep
an article, eventually, the policy will prevail.