[WikiEN-l] Tagging foreign language text with templates

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue May 15 18:36:24 UTC 2007

If we ever get an integrated spellcheck, it will need these tags; they
are also valuable during automatic translation if the translator is
sufficiently sophisticated to recognize them (and not try to translate
into the target language).
But there should be a visually less prominent way of doing it. For one
thing, they shouldn't be recognized as links--that's really worthless
when they just link to the language.  I have my skin set for blue, but
for those using red or underlining it must be really awful.  DGG

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.