[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Tue May 15 11:58:16 UTC 2007

"John Lee" <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And so is [[Alpenhotel Oberjoch]] and about some ten
> > millions other hotels. Most, even the smallest, companies
> > in tourism have some secondary source at hand (e.g. the
> > web site of the town, they are located in), so that
> > by literal reading of the guidelines, they are includable.
>
> And the problem with this is...???

Wasting human and material rersources for something which
isn't our core business. I'm really baffled, that while
arguing about WP:NPOV and and WP:V and WP:whatever, it
is sometimes forgotten, that the project started with
the mission to write an encyclopedia.

Regarding the argument to have zillions of articles
in [[:Category:Bed and breakfasts in London]] and the
like, doesn't disturb more "traditional" articles, just
look how it dilutes our efforts of quality assurance.

There exists something where every fact, non-fact and
opinion can be freely presented, it's called the WWW and
you buy your server space yourself there.

Peter