[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue May 15 01:48:12 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, Gallagher Mark George <m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
> Now you're *really* clutching at straws.  Either that, or you're taking the piss.
>
> NPOV doesn't mean "you must find someone, anyone, who holds a differing view before >you can print any statement".

Id does however mean you must show that a citeable statement exists if
a counter statement is clearly possible (otherwise you let in all the
cranks who people haven't gotten around to debunking yet)

> ("Most experts claim the sky is blue.  However, Joe Bloggs, who lives in his parents' >basement, plays Dungeons & Dragons all day, and has never seen the sun, says the sky >is actually green with a nice pink polkadot effect.")

We would be remiss in not mentioning that noted astronomer X has
described it as starry and the UK meteorological office has described
it as grey on a number of occasions.

--
geni