[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon May 14 17:35:06 UTC 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 10:02 AM, geni wrote:

> Well for example the opinion that it is possible to reach the field on
> foot with the right team and equipment. It is certainly possible to
> reach say the south pole. I don't think many people would deny the
> possibility but since we don't have a source for that it is not
> possible to write a NPOV article on the subject.

I tend to think an even remotely reasonable reader will recognize
that the point of the sentence is that you cannot just drive up to
the Invincible Snowfields, and that if you wish to take a skiing trip
there you will need a helicopter. It does not seem to me, in the
context of the article, to be reasonable to treat that phrase as a
claim about the ease with which a rugged band of explorers could walk
to the ski fields if they felt like mixing a bit of skiing in with
their travels.

-Phil