[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:27:13 UTC 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 4:09 AM, Todd Allen wrote:

> If everything can fit comfortably in a list, why have individual
> articles? And if only some are too long to fit in the list, why not
> have
> some individual articles and some anchored redirects?

Essentially, HCI reasons. If it's possible to give somebody the
article they asked for when they typed something into the search box,
we should default to doing so. That is to say, barring a persuasive
reason why a given article is causing us a problem, we should keep
it. Which is why AfD has a "presumption of innocence."

There are some articles that there are good reasons to delete - "we
can't verify the content of this article," "this article is
impossible to write from a NPOV," or even, in the case of BLP, "the
risk that this article would defame and harm its subject outweighs
the benefit of keeping it," which is in its own way a notability
judgment. And in those cases we delete them.

What harm is done by keeping [[Invincible Snowfields]]? What does
keeping it cause that is bad?

-Phil