[WikiEN-l] Notability on the skfields

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:11:29 UTC 2007

> On 5/14/07, MacGyverMagic/Mgm <macgyvermagic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Of course not, but this has little bearing on ski resorts. They are
> unlikely
> > to want to promote the place as MySpace bands do
>
> False. Most myspace bands are not in a position to make significant
> amounts of money ski resorts are.
>
> > and since it existed longer
> > than any MySpace band and in all likelyhood had a much larger audience,
> The same could be said for rather a lot of trees what of it?

People don't usually set out to visit specific trees. It's like comparing
apples and oranges.
I'm talking about cold statistics of visitor numbers like the ones you can
count at any amusement park or concert.

>I'd
> > say the ski resort has the edge. Also, arbitrary cut off points can be
> > useful, but not if they kill the comprehensiveness of a list of all the
> X's
> > in a country.
>
> Haveing a comprehensive list is not a reason to include an article on
> every item.

But it is verifiable it exists and it is not violating any advertising rules
or anything. We don't call a village non-notable for being small, so why is
this any different?

Mgm