[WikiEN-l] not sure what I should do

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 05:41:10 UTC 2007

Hello,

A long time ago, I uploaded this picture:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Norbert3.jpg

It is the picture of contributor number 1 on the french wikipedia, much
beloved, and who unfortunately died. He appears in the deceased
wikipedians as well as on the sign post.

Of course, I could not ask him authorization *after* his death, so
whilst I think he would have wholeheartedly agreed, this is under cp,
with fairuse rationale.

I got a message on my talk page, telling me the picture was orphaned (it
is orphaned in the main article space of course, Treanna was only famous
for us - it is linked in two wp articles), so would be deleted in 7
days, unless I could provide a replacement or change the tag. I can do
neither of course.

But my question - as an innocent - the only choice I am given on the
template is to replace or change the license. There is already a
rationale to keep it. There is no link to the place where the issue is
discussed (I suppose it is not). The message is from a bot. Where am I
suppose to discuss and with who, to have it kept ? What can I do to
avoid automatic deletion ? It seems there is no clear venue where to
argue in favor of keeping this little memory of a pillar.

Is there a venue ? If there is, should not be added in the template ?
How can people know what to do ?

/confused Anthere