[WikiEN-l] Deletionism

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:38:24 UTC 2007

Examining [[List of Victoria Cross recipients by campaign]], there
were 522 before WWI, 626 during WW I, 10 between WWI and WW II, 181 in
WW II, and 13 afterwards.  I think we can deal with this. All that is
needed is a sentence with these numbers to put it in perspective.

On 5/13/07, Charlotte Webb <charlottethewebb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/13/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> > do we class those recipients as "notable" in the same way as
> > someone who won it by more stringent standards a century later?
>
> Seriously, who cares?
>
> These would obviously be of interest to anyone reading the list of
> recipients and following links. As long as the target article is
> well-written and well-referenced, the average reader who wanders in
> from the intarwebs will enjoy the article, rather than screaming "OMG
> non-notable, less than 1,750 google-hits!" and demanding that it be
> deleted. That sort of behavior I have only seen exhibited by a handful
> of our regular "contributors".
>
> --C.W.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.