[WikiEN-l] Encrypted challenge-responses for PGP/GPG key users

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Sun May 13 13:24:06 UTC 2007

G'day Sean,

> Steve Bennett stated for the record:
>
>>Yes, you add 10 lines of spam to every message you send.
>
> No, I don't.  I add an information-dense attachment that no modern mail
> client displays inline.

On the assumption that Mozilla Thunderbird counts as a "modern mail
client": bzzzt!

My mail client handles PGP keys appropriately (at least, to my limited
level of understanding, it does), and no other poster to this list seems
to "add 10 lines of spam to every message" except you.  This includes
those who use PGP.  I think the problem may well be at your end.

(In any case, as someone once said, PGP doesn't guarantee that you are
the sender of the message: it just means that, if you aren't, nobody
will believe you.)

<snip/>

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten