[WikiEN-l] You're magically made an admin. What do you do?

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Thu May 10 00:09:52 UTC 2007

Jeff Raymond wrote:
> Of course, never mind that our reliable source guideline is irresponsibly
> tipped toward dead-tree media, and because of this, it allows for
> arguments such as the one you've presented.  As a result, we lose out on a
> significant number of worthwhile articles, look like idiots when we speedy
> an important webcomic, and lose a substantial amount of possible editors
> who could a) improve our coverage in that topic area, and b) do things in
> other subjects to improve things.

Can we *please* have a 9,000-repetition rule cutting off endless
iterations on the mailing list? Doing a 9,001th iteration isn't going to
make everybody slap their foreheads and say "OMG, you were right all
along!" Look at the subject line, this even started from a comment about
admins forgetting to log out...

Stan