[WikiEN-l] You're magically made an admin. What do you do?

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Wed May 9 22:14:44 UTC 2007

David Goodman wrote:
> What concerns me is that we might find some FA candidates in there.
> Can we think of an algorithm? DGG

Well, for one, there's plenty of vandalistic nonsense and copyright
violations in the stacks of deleted stuff.  The things we lose (and thus
harm the project in ways that can't ever be truly measured) are the types
that are speedied for spam or notability or because a random administrator
deems them too short.

On the notabilty ones alone, depending on who you talk to, between 10% and
40% of those could be poor judgement without any research, and one can
easily figure that, truly, all spammy articles could be rewritten to be
encyclopedic.  That's a lot of articles.

So if you can filter out the vandalism and copyvios, you might actually
have a stronger group than what's assumed.

-Jeff

--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.