[WikiEN-l] Encrypted challenge-responses for PGP/GPG key users

Avi avi.wiki at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:21:54 UTC 2007

Sorry, I forgot to copy the list.

From: Avi <avi.wiki at gmail.com>
Date: May 8, 2007 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Encrypted challenge-responses for PGP/GPG key users
To: Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>

Which is why at most this would be signed level 2.

That is possible, on the other hand, you would ALSO have had to access
Cyde's account and post on WP:ANI with what we were discussing, AND you
would have had to compromise his e-mail account as well, simultaneously with
his wiki account.

I'm not saying that I would give level 3, but between the
challenge-responses through two completely different media, and the fact
that I imported his key months ago, before you would ever have known that I
wanted to perform a challange response with him, makes the possibilitiy you
mention really, really minute.

Of course, it is still more likely than you forging a government-issued
picture ID in his name, but not as likely any longer as just the standard
MITM would be.

Thoughts?

--Avi