[WikiEN-l] More crummy press? No thanks!

Ryan Wetherell renardius at gmail.com
Mon May 7 17:08:55 UTC 2007

I was listening to the radio this fine morning when Kim Komando's
Computer Minute came on ([[Kim Komando]]).  She's had your common
untrusting-media-type take on Wikipedia, but I think we've come to
expect that.  Anyway, she dropped an absolute bomb today about a very
"personal" matter.  It seemed that she had been alerted to on-and-off
vandalism to her own article, Kim Komando, and that it was a lot of
work to get it fixed, and she was now warning that *you* or *your
organization* could be hit by hideous libel on Wikipedia next, etc,
etc.  What really struck me, however, was her idea of Wikipedia's
"inherent flaw", which was letting anybody edit any page.

Isn't that the entire point of the project?

Or how about this: isn't that an inherent flaw of the entire Internet?
 Anybody can buy a domain and say any horrible thing about anybody.  I
think she (and the media by and large) is missing the big picture.

--Ryan
[[en:User:Merovingian]]