[WikiEN-l] no-index certain BLPs??

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:33:14 UTC 2007

On 5/6/07, Joe Szilagyi <szilagyi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it's because I've just woken up in the past hour, but are you
> joking, or do we actually have a policy to only use equipment on the
> NOC/infrastructure level that only runs open-source/GFDL compliant?
>
> (If we do have that policy: very cool, A++ as they say.)

For site operation yes (I don't know if it is actually policy per se
since the idea and practice predates the formal foundation). There
have been various foundation functions for which non open source
software has been used and of course editors can use whatever software
they like although we generally point people in the direction of open
source stuff.

It has some unexpected benifits in that the handful of people who can
convert files to .ogg Theora generaly know what they are doing with
regards to copyright.

--
geni