[WikiEN-l] no-index certain BLPs??

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Sun May 6 15:45:06 UTC 2007

doc wrote:

> 1) *no index bios on subject's request*. We keep the info, but the
> subject doesn't have an article on them , with all the vandalism or POV
> pushing risks, as top on google. They don't need to check their article
> everyday.

I think this may be a decent compromise to the deletion idea.  It
shouldn't be applied across the board, at least until we get a decent
search mechanism in place, but this is sensible.

> OR
>
> 2) *no index all low-notability living-person bios* which have
> experienced any problems. Any admin, or OTRS op seeing repeat problems
> can flag it as such, reducing the collateral damage if their are future
> issues.

This, however, isn't good - this continued distinction is not healthy
for the project, especially when applied to things that aren't people.
It's like being a little bit pregnant.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "I was always a fan of Lisa Loeb, particularly
	because you kind of get the impression she
	sang every song either about or to her cats.
	They seem to be the driving force in most of
	her creative process."     - Chuck Klosterman