[WikiEN-l] That random number

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun May 6 03:05:03 UTC 2007

Excessive avoidance of activities that are not likely to result in legal
troubles, but which some people irrationally fear might, is pretty much
the definition of "chilling effects" style paranoia.

Seriously, do you think *mailing list archives*, and
non-search-engine-indexed ones at that, are actually illegal?  It's not
even clear that such archives legally constitute publication, and
certainly they are far less high profile than many other sources that
have *not* been held legally accountable in any way, such as Google's
own archives, or Wired's explicit publication.

-Mark